VIVID Thinking specialises in brand and marketing strategy for small business. Working with businesses to capitalise on opportunities to develop low-cost, high-value marketing programs.
VIVID Thinking was officially launched in February 2013 under the banner Vivid Marketing Services, refreshing its brand in February 2016.
Read more about its Director’s, Ingrid Rothe, professional experience below.
Director / Consultant
Ingrid has a background in supporting businesses across multiple sectors in all elements of marketing strategy including marketing and communications programs in enterprise, business-to-business and consumer marketing.
As Director, Marketing and Public Affairs, for the University of New England, Ingrid led the university through a major rebrand and growth marketing strategy that revitalised community brand engagement and added millions to its annual revenue base.
She spearheaded Fujitsu PC Australia’s entry into the Australian marketplace.
Was a part of the Lucent Technologies communications team that managed the communications strategy for its 2001 corporate restructure.
Ingrid delivered national and global launches in the e-services segment for Hewlett-Packard (HP) including the HP Garage Programme Launch (Australia and New Zealand) and the global New Zealand Stock Exchange WAP announcement.
Ingrid offers more than 20 years verifiable success in the development and delivery of high quality brand and market development solutions. I am skilled in building brand engagement and awareness through new-to-market approaches built on marketing fundamentals ‘with a modern twist’.
VIVID MARKETING SERVICES
Consultancy specialising in the design and execution of creative, high-return marketing solutions aimed at growing brand awareness and sales for business. Working with businesses to capitalise on opportunities to increase and develop low cost, high value programs.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND (UNE)
Director, Marketing and Public Affairs (MPA) 2003 – 2012
Appointed to lead specialist MarComm team with the task of driving brand awareness and business growth across key areas of the university. Challenged with a declining market and growing competition, rebranded UNE’s market image and implemented a new integrated, multi-channel marketing strategy that transformed marketing ROI and increased revenues in 2010-12.
- Played lead role in development of the UNE 2010 – 2012 Domestic Growth Marketing Strategy positioning the university for sustained growth and adding to bottomlines.
- Introduced cutting edge digital marketing strategy that moved the university beyond search engine and display advertising into social media, enabling it to outpace competitors in a stagnant market.
- Restructured the marketing and communications team driving division capability and shaping a team known for fast market-facing responses and visible outcomes.
- Led major brand research project including the development of a Brand Footprint, new Logo and Corporate Identity. Introduced brand management to UNE including quality control processes and branding policies.
- Strengthened UNE marketing frameworks including new advertising, media and brand policies, events protocols and UNE–wide procedural guidelines.
- Drove ongoing website development and capability enhancement including content management systems, website news feature, and other user-friendly functionalities that improved traffic and site navigation.
- Introduced electronic media monitoring, targeted electronic media distribution and campaign management tool that lifted media release effectiveness 20-30% and cut costs >50% pa.
- Led introduction of corporate communications function improving in-house capability and publication cost-effectiveness. Led development of new publications that strengthened business marketing effectiveness.
- Piloted multiple new marketing programmes and technologies pioneering approaches to marketing that repeatedly exceeded targets and expectations. Propelled conversion rates, secured millions of dollars worth of media coverage, increased market share and protected UNE from competitor activity in its core catchment.
- Embedded issues management processes that enabled the university to navigate potentially damaging media coverage and managed key public affairs campaigns including “Armidale’s Save the Train” campaign.
- Strengthened commercialisation of marketing division through advocacy for metrics, ROI and activity based budgeting. Managed Tender, RFP and RFQ selection processes for market research, media and advertising agencies.
FUJITSU PC AUSTRALIA
Marketing and Communications Manager, Australia 2001 to 2002
Recruited to this global operation as its first marketing specialist and tasked with leading its market entry to the Australian market. Managing the LifeBook notebook product range, devised and executed dynamic strategic marketing program that built channel activity, grew brand awareness, and advanced pipeline expansion.
- Spearheaded the national launch for Fujitsu PC Australia including advertising strategy and media buy, media relations, distribution and channel programme. Delivered a highly successful launch that positioned business for credible entry into the Australian market.
- Built strong media relations and developed Australian marketing collateral and media tools including copy for regional materials, press releases, ongoing product review program and quarterly analyst updates. Established ongoing product placement programme placing LifeBooks with Maserati, Stingers, Young Lions, House and Garden etc.
- Designed channel relationship programme complete with monthly electronic newsletters, retail display stands, reseller website, and sales tools, supporting channel partners to create awareness and interest for the LifeBook range. Designed exhibition management roll out solutions that significantly reduced event costs.
- Drove lead generation activities including direct mail and electronic mail, as well as sales promotions activities including train station and shopping centre promotions building business pipeline.
- Managed $1.6M advertising and promotions budget and drove all internal and external communication including localisation of regional marcomm collateral, direct mail and internet based communications.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED
Marketing Communications Manager, Australia and New Zealand 2000-2001
- Appointed to lead development and management of Lucent Technology’s corporate communications programmes and activities including its extensive speaker programme. Credited with strategy and innovations that cut corporate communication costs while simultaneously increasing visibility and brand engagement.
- Developed Lucent speaker programme successfully attracting high quality speaking talent within busy annual speaking program, whilst simultaneously reducing paid speaker payment slots 50% on 1999. Managed speaker briefing, presentation development and media.
- Designed a Lucent Centre and Bell Labs R & D Facility Tour for visiting VIPs, customers, government, analysts and media. Opening attended by Prime Minister Mr. John Howard, media and various dignitaries.
- Devised the strategy and content for external Australia and New Zealand web presence and established internal communications website for efficient dissemination of branding tools and collateral.
- Delivered internal communications programme throughout the Lucent restructure process including executive liaison, research and writing for weekly electronic newsletter.
- Developed Customer Offer Development Tender Guidelines for use by Lucent bid teams across the Asia Pacific region.
- Designed a national premium programme resulting in projected cost savings of 30 – 50%
HEWLETT-PACKARD AUSTRALIA LTD
Marketing and Communications Manager, Enterprise Computing, Australia and New Zealand 1996-2000
- Progressive sales and marketing tenure supporting business-critical marketing and communication projects. Managed media liaison including press release development, event and exhibition management, advertising, quality control and branding, playing a leading role in high profile campaigns, announcements and events.
- Led delivery of the world-first global announcement of a WAP transaction on a Stock Exchange (New Zealand)– Asia Pacific press and analyst conference held in New Zealand.
- Awarded HP “Award for Excellence” for E-Services Launch for Australia and New Zealand that received significant media coverage and 1200 + customers attendees at launches in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Introduced media measurement, quality control processes and project evaluation reporting strengthening accountability, and designed Cooperative Marketing Funds Process ultimately rolled out across the Asia Pacific region.
- Managed dozens of corporate and customer media launches and events; conferences; and sales incentive programmes including Executive Visit Programme and Customer Win Reference Incentive Scheme that resulted in a dramatic increase in customer study write-up.
- Designed Exhibition Roll Out Modules resulting in >70% lower stand build costs for major exhibitions.
- Turned Channel Partner ( ESRI) account around, resulting in a significant increase in the number of licenses sold within Australia
- Planned and managed hospitality functions including annual customer Christmas Functions for Melbourne and Sydney (approximately 400 – 500 attendees per location) and Melbourne Cup Customer Functions (>200 attendees).